Here’s what we’ve spotted.
- Square, layered, ribbon-banded cake with floral detail.
- Slipper in sand initialled cake for beach or cruise wedding.
- Lace designed cupcakes. Lace detail is the new trend for 2013, with cupcakes or cake pops remaining popular choices.
- Soft coral and green are ideal colour choices for 2013.
- Floral adornment in coral for modern and stunning effect.
- Dress inspired, pleated design.
- Elegant five-layered fruit cake with pearl and floral detail.
Inspired by the elegant peacock, the coupled used shades of blue and purple throughout, reminiscent of its feather. Think blue and purple Chinese lanterns, sea-blue table runners, and purple orchids with aubergine accents.
The bride envisioned a bamboo canopy decorated with billowing fabric and accented with pebble and vase centrepieces with mirrored platforms.
The bride carried a purple orchid bouquet, whilst the groom and groomsmen wore one orchid flower complemented by a peacock’s feather (amazon.com).
The bride wore a slim fitting, mermaid designed dress, from Leggenda Bridal Boutique (Miracle Mile), paired with flats. The groom wore a black linen Perry Ellis suit, and a purple shirt with lilac tie from Express.
The couple opted for a four-tiered fruitcake with peacock motif, accented with flowers and seashells.